Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, October 07, 2005

Fall..

I love the weather in transition from summer to autumn. Chilly morning and colors of the tree brings back some of the good memories from the past once again. Fall displays tenebrous atmosphere, and it has different fragrance in the air. It's weird because I enjoy it so much...it's refreshing being outdoor. But I can't really breathe right now because I got sick over the weekend...Took a day off yesterday to rest at home. It was good to be home...taken care by mom...just eating food and drinking tea all day...she was willing to make me anything I wanted to eat. it's amazing how she loves to take care of me...still...when I am all grown up. Funny thing is...I never feel too old to be around my mom like that... But I realized yesterday...that I don't give her same kind of love and affection as she does. and I thought... I must offer as much as I can now...when I have chance...although, I have to admit, I have only little to give compare to her.

" I have been at the bedside of many people in their final moments, when they stand on the edge of eternity, and I have never heard anyone say, "bring me my diplomas! I want to look at them one more time.
Show me my awards, my medals, that gold watch I was given." When life on earth is ending, people don't surround themselves with objects. What we want around us is people- people we love and have relationships with..."
From Purpose Driven Life, pg 126.

A brother shared this with our group the other day. Why is it so hard to get over the things that are so nugatory in our lives....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been bright and sunny days also here in Korea. Seoul's fall is too transient to savor it enough. It's already cold today.

You know doctor Lee? I mean, Seungbok Lee. I read his book yesterday. It was so moving that I even shed tear while reading in the subway...

He is one of the great Koreans living in America..

12:01 AM  
Blogger goodnight moon said...

my favorite time of year too - and the trees are finally getting the hint! good to see you and chat with you briefly today
-denise

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian!
I heard about Dr. Lee(Superman Lee?) from John Hopkins?Yes..he is amazing...Wonder how good his book is now..for you to shed tear..

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home