Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

indelible times

So much happend over the past few days. Although I thought I finally had peace in God, I found myself still flummoxed by few circumstances. Embarrassing...What a relief to know that God's control is behind EVERYTHING and anything in my life. It's matter of how perfectly I trust him to seek and ask at each moment. Once again, encourgaed by today's reading...
There are times, says Jesus, when God cannot lift the darkness from you, but trust Him. God will appear like an unkind friend, but He is not; He will appear like an unnatural Father, but He is not; He will appear like an unjust judge, but He is not. Keep the notion of the mind of God behind all things strong and growing. Nothing happens in any particular unless God's will is behind it, therefore you can rest in perfect confidence in Him. Prayer is not only asking, but an attitude of mind which produces the atmosphere in which asking is perfectly natural. "Ask, and it shall be given you." (Matt7)
I am much more motivated for this upcoming 30 day morning prayer. I was actually greatly discouraged last Saturday when I went to the prayer meeting for the first time in few months...barely woke up 15 minutes before 6am...(not sure if I even washed my face). I was scared thinking about waking up extra hour early before work to go to the prayer meeting....for 30...long....days... additional 10 more days from last year. but I have so much to pray about...and talk to God about...and really pour out my heart about....God revealed to me that I've been lack in prayer because I've been having hard time resting in perfect confidence in Him. Rebecca, my long time friend from Houston, was visting Philly and we got together on Monday. She just came back from Tibet last month for the long term mission and she challenged me in many aspects. We had so much to share and talk about... As much as I enjoyed engaging in reminiscence of our youth, I was so inspired by her vision in Christ. Even after all our ups and downs and turmoil...God has His own way of showing us His will in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home