Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is that time of the year again. Conversation between my co-workers during this past week's been all about cooking and eating during the holiday. Woke up this morning frustrated, number one because I woke up too early out of habit, number two, I was reviewing in my head, Chef Emeral's turkey recipe that I watched last night on TV. I am appointed to bake a turkey this year again, despite the fact that outcome of last year's turkey wasn't a success. I reluctantly agreed since I get a free 18lb frozen bird from my work anyways. Although, I told everyone that no one in my family likes turkey and it will be only for display purposes, I remember that it wasn't a most pleasant feeling when no one really ate my turkey last year. But mom told me already that she's going to freeze up all the left over turkey meat for fried rice..which Youngsoo will enjoy very much. So I figured my cooking won't be all waste. Hm.... : P
I think many time we tend to be too busy trying to figure out how we can enjoy our times together with friends and family on Thanksgiving instead of focusing on true meaning of this day. I bumped into Paul, one of my co-workers, in the train on the way to work yesterday and he told me he's determind to volunteer at the local organization to serve Thanksgiving meal to needy families throughout the day. As I was listening to him, I got embarrassed...because even Paul, who is a none christian, had such a compassion for less fortunates. I kinda put away my Billy Graham's book and wished that I thought more about how I can offer up myself on special day like today. But on the other hand, I believe my family really want my turkey as well...and I thank God for allowing me to have a day off so that I can spend whole entire day with my precious family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! INVU, YJ. You must have had a very delightful thanksgiving. I wish I could have one piece of Turkey..

Paul's behaviour is definately awakening. But what you did for family was as valuable as he did.

I'm enjoying 'Grey's Anatomy' these days.. well-made one.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home